Territory Manager - Retail - Vancouver
Posted: February 14, 2019
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
As a result of continued growth, we are looking for a successful, dynamic and energetic TERRITORY SALES MANAGER, RETAIL in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia to service a network of sites and discover growth opportunities within the assigned territory.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Establish and meet growth targets;
- Account Management of existing Esso sites within assigned territory;
- Prospecting of new dealer accounts through cold calling, developing relationships with parties throughout the industry;
- Contribute to the development of sales strategies and implement approaches to achieve targets in a business to business sales environment;
- Prepare all sales and activity reports in a timely fashion;
- Coach site owners to achieve top performance on marketing program execution;
- Maintain and build committed relationships with customers and industry associations;
- Ensure all sites adhere to contractual and company regulations and policies where applicable.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with a minimum of five (5) years sales experience;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong written and oral skills;
- Strong negotiating, time management and presentation skills;
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point;
- A successful track record of growing sales and ability to deliver outstanding customer service support;
- Experience working from a remote or home office an asset;
- Ability to travel within specified territory on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer Health Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
- Employee Family Assistance Program
Ideally the candidate will be located in the Greater Vancouver area but all candidates will be considered.
We strongly encourage applications from qualified sales professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.