Territory Manager - Home Market (Davis Fuels)
Posted: January 31, 2020
GROW WITH US!
Are you interested in joining a great workplace, where you trust the company you work for, have pride in what you do, and enjoy the people you work with?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level with Davis Fuels!
Davis Fuels is a family-owned and operated fuel distributor serving Brantford, Brant County, Simcoe, Hagersville, Tillsonburg, Woodstock and London for over 60 years. Davis Fuels is a division of McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) a Canadian, privately owned family business that has been serving energy customers since 1949.
Davis Fuels provides fuel supply, delivery, distribution and dispensing solutions for commercial, industrial, agricultural, and residential customers. The company also provides oil and propane heating and cooling systems, and lubricants, as well as owns and operates several Cardlock and Retail Stations.
Our success is a result of our commitment to customer service and a strong relationship with major oil companies. Our growth has come from every customer, truck, employee, and location we’ve had the pleasure of welcoming to Davis Fuels, making us one of the largest and most reliable independent petroleum distributors in Ontario.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Our employees are our most valuable resource, and we are proud to offer opportunities for personal and career growth and development.
We are currently looking for a successful, dynamic and energetic Territory Sales Manager – Home Market to grow our residential customer base.
This position will be home-office based covering the territory of Burford, Ontario and surrounding regions.
Reporting to the Director of Home Market, the Territory Sales Manager would be responsible for:
- Actively prospecting customers and sales of our products and services, including heating oil, propane, and related equipment to residential customers within your assigned territory
- Working with management to develop and implement sales strategies in alignment with company objectives
- Meeting all growth targets for assigned territory
- Establishing and maintain key relationships with industry partners and associations for business development and referrals to expand customer base such as real estate companies, insurance companies, home inspectors, contractors
- Reporting on all activity in your territory as set out by the company
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record of growing sales and managing a territory
- A post-secondary degree or diploma with a minimum of five (5) years of sales experience
- Experience in the propane and/or petroleum industry is an asset
- Strong sense of motivation to succeed in a competitive market
- Customer service orientation with excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong planning, problem-solving and negotiation skills
WHAT YOU GET
- Competitive compensation
- Four (4) weeks paid vacation
- Company-paid health & dental benefits
- Pension Plan – company matched
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Vehicle allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
We strongly encourage applications from qualified sales professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
The confidentiality of all applicants is assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
Davis Fuels, as a division of McDougall Energy, is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about Davis Fuels at https://www.davisfuels.ca/
Learn more about McDougal Energy at www.mcdougallenergy.com