Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: September 23, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, The Solutions Analyst will help create, administer and maintain the Company’s IT supporting software and customizations, and to respond to and help resolve IT related issues in support of the Company’s entire operations.
- Deploy new and existing software and applications, including mobile technologies.
- Develop, design, analyze, and maintain software systems to enable business strategies.
- Interface with the Business Analysts and end users to plan and design.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology, Solutions Architect and IT Team in various IT related projects.
- Schedule and attend to each operational sites when required to implement new software and/or applications or unit test new developments.
- Assist the IT ServiceDesk troubleshooting and resolve incidents, requests and problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interface with other departments as required assisting with IT projects (End-User Acceptance Testing, Solution Design, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 Year College Degree in an IT Related Field. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 3 Years of experience in an IT Application or Solutions Development environment as a Programmer/Analyst.
- Background in design, programming and implementation of solutions.
- Strong Experience in the following technologies: ASP.Net, Visual Studio, SQL Server, Android Studio.
- Familiar working in a Project Management framework.
- SDLC Best Practices: MVC, Agile, RAD, Iterative, Testing Patterns.
- Background in Software Testing methodologies: Systems Integration, Quality, Unit and User Acceptance Testing.
- Working Knowledge of IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, etc.).
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.