Senior Solutions Developer Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: February 13, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
SENIOR SOLUTIONS DEVELOPER ANALYST
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, The Senior Solutions Developer Analyst will develop, administer and maintain the Company’s software applications using a variety of programming skills, software and tools. This includes analyzing, designing, developing, coding, testing, debugging, implementing, researching, documenting, and modifying applications throughout the system development life cycle. The Senior Solutions Developer Analyst will troubleshoot and resolve IT related issues in support of the Company’s diverse operations.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Deploy new and existing software and applications, including mobile technologies.
- Develop appropriate testing, quality assurance, training and implementation procedures.
- Develop, design, analyze, and maintain software systems to enable business strategies.
- Interface with the Business Analysts and end users to plan and design.
- Implementation of new functionality and customizations for new and existing software applications.
- Assist the Director of Information Technology, Solutions Architect and IT Team in various IT related projects.
- Assist the IT ServiceDesk troubleshooting and resolve incidents, requests and problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interface with other departments as required assisting with IT projects (End-User Acceptance Testing, Solution Design, etc.).
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 Year College Diploma in an IT Related Field. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 Years of experience in IT environment as a Programmer/Analyst.
- Experience organizing, analyzing, designing, coding, implementing systems and business applications in a medium-large, multi-user environment.
- Strong Experience in the following technologies: SQL Server, ASP.Net, Visual Studio, Android and Windows Mobile platforms.
- Background in Project Management techniques and phases.
- SDLC Best Practices: MVC, Agile, RAD, Iterative, Testing Patterns.
- Background in software testing methodologies: Systems Integration, Quality, Unit and User Acceptance Testing.
- Knowledge of layered software, database, and structured environments (Cloud or hosted) including application security administration.
- Working Knowledge of IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, etc.)
- Working knowledge of reporting tools within a SQL environment
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.