Senior Information Security Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, or Toronto
Posted: July 06, 2021
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Analyst to join our IT Team.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, the Senior Information Security Analyst will be responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Company’s Information Security portfolio programs, applications and networks. This includes designing and implementing IT security systems to protect the organization's computer networks from cyber-attacks.
As the Senior Information Security Analyst you will:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues, install security software, document, and plan to remediate security events.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and procedures related to Information Security.
- Develop Security Penetration Testing program for maintaining security and protecting systems.
- Investigate and support IT Technical Services team for cyber incident detection and resolution.
- Develop IT Security policies and procedures with input from other team members and external vendors.
- Develop and support PCI compliance initiatives and assessments.
- Engage and work with Canadian Centre for Cyber Security and other third-party security councils to understand current threats and prepare preventative actions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a medium to large, multi-vendor environment, including advanced application, systems and network security
- College Diploma or University Degree in an IT-related field; Computer and Information Sciences or Information Security; Cloud Security Certification an asset
- Strong understanding of SDLC, IT Change Control processes, Deployment methodologies and Application Server Life Cycle Management
- Experience implementing SIEM tool; knowledge of Security and network technologies such as FortiGate firewall, WatchGuard, SIEM, Antivirus, Cryptography and web application firewall
- Experience developing and applying IT Security policies, procedures and standards
- Advanced Identity Management expertise with Active Directory; Azure Active Director an asset
- Experience in remediation of third part audit items
- Experience in SQL Server Database Security
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Valid ‘G’ Class Drivers License
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds. Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (705)941-9365.