Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: July 25, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team is focused on financial forecasting, modelling and developing the analytics required to support McDougall’s growth strategies while also providing strong visibility into the performance of the company’s base businesses.
This position would join the team that currently includes a Manager, Sr. Financial Analyst and Financial Analyst.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join the team as a Sr. Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Manager, this position will be responsible for:
- Actively participating in the annual budget and mid-year forecast cycles by leading the preparation, consolidation and analytics focused on specific areas of the company;
- Developing customized reports and deliver impactful presentations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization communicating results on both financial and non-financial key performance indicators;
- Participating in the deployment of tactical plans used to manage the larger projects undertaken by the department. Projects would include the annual budget process, roll-out of new reporting software to end users and integration of companywide reporting into a specialized reporting team.
- Gaining a thorough understanding of how multiple functional areas within the organization operate and work with department heads to accurately report results and manage to targets;
- Maintaining and improving the department’s current financial reporting structure along with supporting the migration of reporting from a primary excel based environment to a new BI software platform;
- Assisting with the selection and implementation of new companywide budget and forecast software;
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong business acumen with ability to understand overall corporate strategy and ensure there is alignment at levels of the company.
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance, with 3-5 years’ experience in a comparable role; CPA accounting designation is considered an asset
- Robust analytical, technical and problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail;
- Excellent written communication skills to convey technical accounting and budgeting issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with and build relationships with a diverse group at all levels of the organization;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Experience with an ERP system a definite asset;
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing business priorities.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.