Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: April 24, 2019
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
McDougall Energy Inc. is currently looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our team in Sault Ste. Marie. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Responsible for duties related to full bi-weekly pay cycle including: collecting, preparing and inputting information, reconciling payroll prior to transmission, remitting statutory deductions and other payments (e.g. wage garnishments) and processing taxable benefit amounts
- Responsible for other payroll related requirements (ex., Records of Employment, payroll reporting, preparation of general ledger entries, annual T4s and T4as, payroll files and records, payroll processes including providing guidance to staff members on proper procedures and recording of time)
- Provides timely investigation and resolution to payroll-related inquiries.
The ideal candidate will have:
- College Diploma in Accounting, Payroll or related area. Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) designation is an asset.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of payroll experience in a multi-faceted workforce environment (e.g. full-time, part-time, commissioned, etc.) and in a computerized environment
- Excellent communication, time management, analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to handle large volumes of data with close attention to detail and accuracy
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation
- Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.