Operations Supervisor - Concord, ON
Location: Concord, ON
Posted: February 05, 2020
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an experienced OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR to join our team in our CONCORD operation. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position is responsible for:
- Assisting the Operations Manager in monitoring work activities, reviewing overtime, allocating drivers, trucks and organizing routes to meet customer demand.
- Planning and organizing fleet maintenance as per company polices and government regulations.
- Pro-actively identifying and communicating issues, propose and implement solutions for continuous improvement regarding processes, customer service and profitability.
- Communicating regularly with other operation sites and multiple departments throughout the organization.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and vendors.
- Conducting near miss, injury and collision investigations, completing corrective actions promptly and communicating resolutions to appropriate departments.
- Reviewing and auditing driver timesheets and submitting to payroll.
- Responding to general inquiries, analyzing and resolving issues in a timely manner by promoting a positive, inclusive work environment through effectively communicating company polices.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- Community College Diploma in business, finance, operations / logistics or related field
- 2+ years of Operations/Supervisory experience.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Strong leadership and motivation skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced environment.
- Expert knowledge in transportation and logistics industry including key terminology.
- Valid DZ Commercial Drivers License considered an asset
- Working knowledge of the fuel delivery industries practices and processes considered an asset
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary paid bi-weekly.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Employer paid Health Benefits including dental and vison.
- Employer matched Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (Optional)
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at:
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.