Junior Corporate Counsel
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: October 09, 2019
McDougall Energy is looking for a Junior Corporate Counsel to join our Legal Team in Sault Ste. Marie. Your primary focus will be to support the company’s various departments with their legal and regulatory needs by providing counsel and administrative assistance on the various areas of business law influencing business operations.
Reporting to the Vice President, Legal & Human Resources the Junior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for:
- Drafting, reviewing and approving commercial contracts;
- Offering counsel to managers on a variety of legal issues;
- Advising on contract status, legal risks and legal liabilities;
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the Company;
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements;
- Working alongside other departments within the Company to navigate legal and regulatory requirements;
- Work with outside counsel on inter-jurisdictional compliance matters; and
- Providing training to the company on legal topics.
- Hold a law degree from a recognized university and be admitted to the Ontario Bar;
- 1-3 years of legal practice gained in a law firm or legal department of a mid to large sized corporation;
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the Company;
- Strong negotiation skills and keen attention to detail; and
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits-Employer Paid
- Pension Plan-Company matched
- Group RRSP (Optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career growth and development
ABOUT THE COMPANY: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds. Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest. McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.