Human Resources Generalist - Brantford, ON
Location: Brantford, ON
Posted: May 23, 2019
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer the opportunity to contribute to a values based, fast paced growing organization.
Location: Brantford, ON
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY: McDougall Energy is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our team. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources and working closely with other members of the HR team and management, this role will be accountable to support and deliver HR services and programs in alignment with company objectives. This role will primarily provide support to our fuel delivery operations throughout Southern Ontario.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Developing, planning and implementing recruitment strategies and initiatives to provide a qualified candidate pool of fuel delivery drivers for the Company.
- Leading the recruitment process in support of our operations including screening, interviewing, coordinating road tests, written tests and on-boarding.
- Facilitating and delivering orientation and training sessions as required.
- Providing HR advice and support to managers on policy compliance, employee performance, discipline, documentation, employee retention, training and development.
- Supporting the HR department in implementing programs to help improve employee on-boarding experience and employee engagement.
- Participating in and promoting the Company at industry events such as career fairs, trade shows, driving schools, and industry associations.
- Other duties or special projects may be required in support of the business.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a generalist role covering all areas of HR.
- Knowledge of the transportation industry would be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education with a focus in HR Management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to adjust to changing business priorities.
This position will require the successful candidate to be able to travel to various Company locations in performance of the duties of this position.
We offer a competitive salary, pension and health benefits.
To apply online and learn more about this opportunity, visit www.mcdougallcareers.com
or send your resume to: Fax (705) 946-1134 Email: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.