Health and Safety Manager - GTA Ontario
Location: GTA, Ontario
Posted: December 25, 2019
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
LOCATION: Greater Toronto Area
This position will require the successful candidate to be able to travel to various Company locations in performance of the duties of this position.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is seeking a Health & Safety Manager to support, develop and implement our Health & Safety initiatives across the Company’s southern Ontario operations. This role will work closely with all departments to ensure a safe work environment for our employees, customers, contractors and visitors.
Reporting to the Director, Health & Safety this role will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the management of the intercompany safety management platform;
- Leading, implementing and ensuring compliance to all internal Health & Safety policies, procedures and applicable laws and regulations including but not limited to the Occupational Health & Safety Act;
- Coordinating and chairing Joint Health & Safety Committee meetings, complete meeting minutes and ensure all action items are resolved;
- Conducting Health & Safety incident and accident investigation and reporting, complete analysis and provide recommendations for areas of improvement, additional training required or follow up action items;
- Conducting and managing monthly safety inspections for our operations and retail sites; management of findings and ensure all action items are completed;
- Assisting with return to work programs for our employees;
- Delivering safety training to our employees as required and supporting our internal contractor safety program;
- Assisting in the development and annual review of our Emergency Response Plans;
- Developing and communicating Health & Safety indicatives and information;
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Health & Safety management role.
- Knowledge of the fuel and/or transportation industry would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and maintain relationships.
- Sound judgement and problem solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work and deliver effectively in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to adjust to changing business priorities.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation, commensurate with experience.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We thank all other applicants for their interest.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com, or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134, or email us at: email@example.com.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.