Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: December 21, 2018
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is seeking a dynamic individual to join our Finance Department as a Financial Analyst. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position will be responsible for:
- Preparing general ledger & various financial reconciliations including coordinating balance sheet reconciliations related to month end closings
- Conducting in depth reviews of general ledger transactions, including resolving discrepancies
- The creation and ongoing maintenance of a fixed asset database for McDougall Energy
- Preparing Financial Statement analysis narratives
- Reviewing various financial processes to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance of various general ledger functions including open PO’s, unmatched PO receipts, outstanding/not cleared service jobs
- Preparing and run project templates for various audits to ensure that timelines for data collection are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-secondary education in accounting or finance, with 3-5 years in an analyst role; Accounting designation considered an asset
- Strong analytical, technical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail required
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Solid organizational, planning and self-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust to changing business priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.