Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Posted: August 27, 2021
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results focused individual as a Business Analyst, reporting to Project Management Office and Continuous Improvement Manager. The Business Analyst will facilitate business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications. The Business Analyst manages the requirements development process through elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of requirements and works to develop technical specifications and test plans that will ensure the delivery of high-quality outcomes.
- Coordinates and manages the implementation and/or integration of new products/features in line with the strategic direction of the company.
- Collaborates directly with management and staff to identify, recommend, develop and implement solutions for all aspects of the organization.
- Consults with management and staff to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, issues, input and output requirements.
- Acts as a liaison between departmental end users and Information Technology in the analysis, design, configuration, testing and maintenance of application systems to ensure optimal operational performance.
- Analyses the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing applications and ensures the design meets the user and technical specifications.
- Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information system and/or non-system changes; assists in the preparation to develop new system and/or operational changes.
- Provides technical assistance to facilitate the creation of use cases, testing and training guides.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role with direct experience working with Information Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Analysis, Business, Information Technology, Operations Management, Accounting or related field
- Business process re-engineering
- Project Management experience, Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred
- Working knowledge of business process mapping, Six Sigma, lean, and IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, SDLC, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.