Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: February 07, 2019
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We are looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this position is a key role in our succession planning and will be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, and managing the accounting processes related to the general ledger, including ERP system requirements.
- Overseeing and performing month end functions, including but not limited to: balance sheet reconciliations, month end accruals, variance to budget expenditure analysis, achieving an accurate, consistent and timely monthly closing schedule.
- Maintaining integrity, accuracy and consistency in financial transactions to ensure reporting precision.
- Supervising the Accounts Payable/Fuel Reconciliation Department, including providing guidance, training and annual performance evaluations.
- Participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures and maintaining a strong internal control environment to ensure compliance across departments.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Post-Secondary graduate in related discipline with minimum of five years of experience in a high volume accounting environment.
- CPA designation a requirement
- Excellent knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Advanced computer skills in all Microsoft Office software products required; ERP experience a definite asset.
- Excellent managerial, organizational and communication skills required.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits-Employer paid
- Pension Plan-Company matched
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity to achieve career grow
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds. Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at: email@example.com Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest. McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you re