Assistant Controller - Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Posted: May 15, 2020
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results focused individual as an Assistant Controller. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller leads a team in the day-to-day performance of the Company’s accounts payable and fuel reconciliation functions and inventory and process integration activities. The Assistant Controller will perform a range of accounting functions to support the Finance Department as well as have daily contact with employees, manager, senior management and external representatives.
- Ensure maintenance of established general ledger controls are maintained
- Ensures proper recording, review and compliance with tax legislation
- Ensures timely and accurate recording, processing and reconciliations
- Ensure integration processes are administering correctly
- Ensures integrity of financial systems and identify system enhancements to maximize productivity
- Encourage and generate ideas on continuous improvement and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance from an accredited University
- Chartered Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) in good standing
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management role; industry experience an asset
- Demonstrated management experience in the accounting function in a computerized and accounting software environment; ERP experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage large volumes of data; strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; committed to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to shift focus with ease
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office; specifically, Excel
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships
- Demonstrated success in living the values of McDougall Energy
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health Benefits – Employer Paid
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Plan
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds. Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at (705)941-9365.
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.