Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posted: March 08, 2019
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Club Members. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
McDougall Energy Inc. is currently looking for an experienced Accounting Assistant to join our team in Sault Ste. Marie. This position reports to the Corporate Controller.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
- Performing the month reconciliation process for various company bank accounts against the general ledger including processing and reconciling transactions of a complex nature.
- Reviewing and reconciling banking information in conjunction with fraud review
- Identifying discrepancies and following up with various internal departments/external suppliers for resolution
- Performing various general ledger account reconciliations as identified.
ABOUT YOU: The ideal candidate will have:
- College Diploma in Accounting, Business or related area or combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience reconciling accounts with high volume of transactions
- Excellent communication, time management, analytical and problem solving skills required
- Ability to handle large volumes of data with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer proficiency, including intermediate knowledge of spreadsheet applications is a requirement
WHAT YOU GET:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid vacation
- Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunity to achieve career growth
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.